The Denovati are Digital Era explorers, pathfinders and pioneers who seek to understand and effectively leverage social and digital technologies. The Denovati Pledge reflects the commitments, hopes, promises, motivations, goals, and/or interests of members of The Denovati. If you consider yourself a member of The Denovati (and really, shouldn’t we all be?), you’re invited to make a public declaration to be shared on The Denovati Group’s website.
The new website for The Denovati Group is coming along nicely. One of the features I'd like to include is a page where individuals and organizations share their commitments as members of The Denovati.
The Denovati are Digital Era
explorers, pathfinders and pioneers
who seek to understand and effectively leverage
social and digital technologies
What are Digital Era explorers, pathfinders and pioneers?
- Explorers are futurists and leading-edge thinkers, as well as organizations pushing boundaries and searching for new frontiers of technological capability.
- Pathfinders are early adopters who test and determine the value and viability of new digital tools and platforms, as well as organizations that seek out the best ways to leverage new technologies to address specific needs.
- Pioneers are later adopters who not only help establish the longer-term viability of new technologies but also devise the best approaches to related practical issues like governance, risk management, and human capital management.
Don't think of yourself as an Explorer, Pathfinder, or Pioneer? No worries. The Denovati is an inclusive identity that also incorporates people who are just getting started on their own digital journeys - no experience required!
What’s the Denovati Pledge?
Members of The Denovati are unified by a shared interest in and commitment to enhancing individual and organizational success through social and digital technologies. The Denovati Pledge is an expression of that commitment through a succinct statement that reflects one’s primary focus or key priority. Here are a few sample pledges (all of which begin with the phrase, "As a Member of The Denovati”):
- I am committed to ensuring people (especially organizational leaders) receive the education and training they need to develop and maintain the digital competencies required for success in the Digital Era.
- I am passionate about social learning and collaboration, digital transformation of organisations and how we engage with the future.
- I hope to provide thought leadership that will enable changes brought about by mobile, social, big data and cloud to lead to positive outcomes for businesses and their employees.
How to Make a Pledge
Anyone can make a pledge – you don't have to be an early adopter or thought leader, or even feel like you have any expertise (yet). Pledges can be made by organizations as well as individuals.
You also don’t have to be formally affiliated with The Denovati Group to make a pledge, but you do have to follow two rules. Here they are:
- Your pledge should begin with a phrase like one of those above. Other examples include, “My primary concern is," or "I am primarily interested in," “Our goal is,” and “We strive to.”
- Your pledge must be no more than 200 characters total, including spaces. The phrase "As a member of The Denovati" does not count as part of the 200 character limit.
In addition to your pledge, you may also provide urls for your LI profile, and any relevant (i.e., focused on social and digital technologies) website, blog or other social media presence (i.e., Twitter, Google+, Facebook). We’d also love to know whether you consider yourself an Explorer, Pathfinder, or Pioneer – or some combination of the three!
Please send your pledge and additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to edit pledges, request additional information, and/or exclude any information/links that don’t meet our standards. We will notify you when the page is published.
I’m looking forward to reading – and sharing – your pledges. Thanks!
- Courtney Shelton Hunt, PhD - Founder, The Denovati Group
PS – Although the site hasn’t been officially launched yet, we have set up the Denovati SMART Blog and have begun posting to it. If you’d like to subscribe, click here.